Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 12-December-2018
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 5
About Rwanda Energy Group
The Rwanda Energy Group Limited was incorporated to expand, maintain and operate the energy infrastructure in the Country through its two subsidiaries the Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) and the Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL). The objective of creating these subsidiaries amongst others was to ensure focused attention to enhancing efficiency in utility operations on one hand and ensure more timely and cost efficient implementation of development projects on the other. Moreover the REG holding structure provides the overall coordination and ensures effective development of energy and investment plans.
Description, duties, responsibilities
Management of the M&E team
- Manage a team of M&E specialist(s), delineating their responsibilities by grant/project specific in order to support programmatic activities of REG and ensure these are monitored and evaluated in a timely, efficient and effective matter.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Engineering, Finance or other relevant academic background (essential), Master’s Degree (desirable)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related M&E field. (essential)
- 2 years Financial or budget management – ability to put together a budget and to follow up on expenses, track grant disbursements (essential)
- A background in a consulting role with Utility experience will be an advantage (desirable)
- Project Management certification (PMP or Prince 2) (desirable).
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Experience in program design and M&E plan development
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Bilingual in English and either French or Kinyarwanda (essential)
Quality and management certification / process re-engineering certification (6Sigma; Lean etc.) (desirable)