Legal Analyst (Manager level)
- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 12-July-2018
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Masters
- Required Years of Experience : 5
About Rwanda Energy Group
The Rwanda Energy Group Limited was incorporated to expand, maintain and operate the energy infrastructure in the Country through its two subsidiaries the Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) and the Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL). The objective of creating these subsidiaries amongst others was to ensure focused attention to enhancing efficiency in utility operations on one hand and ensure more timely and cost efficient implementation of development projects on the other. Moreover the REG holding structure provides the overall coordination and ensures effective development of energy and investment plans.
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Develop legal policies, process and procedures in line with the Rwandan legal system and the strategic objectives of Rwanda Energy Group
- Provide guidance on legal and governance issues or matters that may arise for the Organization’s compliance with the relevant legislation and best practice.
Contract Management and Negotiation
- Lead in the drafting and negotiation of contracts to include contract negotiation in coordination with the Electric Utility legal services.
- Represent the REG in courts of law and provide legal advice and coordinate other external lawyers.
- Provide overall leadership of the legal unit and Supervise and manage the performance and development of staff in the unit in line with the Organization’s goals, objectives, policies and regulations.
Requirements and Skills
A Masters degree in Law. A Juris Doctor (JD) in law would be an added advantage
At least 5 years of relevant professional experience related to corporate/commercial transactions in a reputable company or law firm
Excellent analytical and contract drafting skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; the knowledge of French is an added value
Excellent presentation skills including a demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and tactfully to a variety of audiences
Ability to work in a multicultural working environment
An application letter
A photocopy of academic degrees
A photocopy of the Identity card/Passport
Full addresses of three referees, including preferably one of previous supervisors
Proof of Experience (Work Certificate (s))