HR Policy and Compliance
- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 09-November-2018
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 3
About Rwanda Energy Group
The Rwanda Energy Group Limited was incorporated to expand, maintain and operate the energy infrastructure in the Country through its two subsidiaries the Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) and the Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL). The objective of creating these subsidiaries amongst others was to ensure focused attention to enhancing efficiency in utility operations on one hand and ensure more timely and cost efficient implementation of development projects on the other. Moreover the REG holding structure provides the overall coordination and ensures effective development of energy and investment plans.
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Human Resources Policy and Compliance Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations for the REG holding and subsidiaries, ensuring consistent understanding, interpretation and application of labour law, policies and procedures through dissemination and training.
- Develops and proposes new policies, and revises existing policies based on applicable best practices and in accordance to existing national laws, employment policies and regulations.
- Creates policy and compliance training and guidance materials, and facilitates various policy-related trainings.
- Directly handles complex and highly sensitive investigations and employees’ relation issues.
- Keeps the legal and ethical integrity of the company intact through policy enforcement and program planning.
- Ensures that all departments of the businessare complying with the rules and regulations the company upholds, including employees’ Health and Safety measures, health insurance and life assurance matters in collaboration with external service providers to ensure that employees are receiving quality and timely covers.
- Identify and manage the function’s operational risks and provide mitigating strategies.
- Participate in the development of the departmental annual work plan and financial budget and monitor their implementation in line with the Business plan
Educational requirements & Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Law, Business Administration, Public administration or a related field and at least 3 years of professional experience in policy development, human resources management and/or labor relations
- Bachelor's degree (A0) in human resources, Law, business administration, public administration or a related field with at least five years of professional experience in policy development, human resources and/or labor relations, data compilation and analysis
Additional required skills:
- Extensive knowledge on government employment laws and regulations
- Knowledge of the principles/practices of human resources management in a large diverse and busy organization.
- Skilled in understanding and interpreting complex, technical and legal materials related to human resources management and policies.
- Ability to provide policy-related consultation and guidance to senior leadership, employees and other key stakeholders.
- Expertise in analyzing data, drawing conclusions and providing viable recommendations for different situations.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills and ability to communicate with professionals on varying levels.
- Solid skill in negotiation and consensus building with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to effectively evaluate other's work and provide constructive feedback.
Proficiency in Excel, power point, Microsoft programs