HR Operations and Welfare
- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 09-November-2018
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 3
About Rwanda Energy Group
The Rwanda Energy Group Limited was incorporated to expand, maintain and operate the energy infrastructure in the Country through its two subsidiaries the Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) and the Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL). The objective of creating these subsidiaries amongst others was to ensure focused attention to enhancing efficiency in utility operations on one hand and ensure more timely and cost efficient implementation of development projects on the other. Moreover the REG holding structure provides the overall coordination and ensures effective development of energy and investment plans.
Description, duties, responsibilities
Plans, develops and implements the Corporation’s reward strategy to ensure that REG is competitive, attracts the best talent and retains existing business skills. In addition, the role is responsible for managing employee relations and resolving employees conflicts including but not limited to grievance and disciplinary matters at the work place.
Compensation Strategy Development and Management:
- Lead in the development, implementation and management of the Organisation’s reward and compensation strategy.
- Conduct benchmark surveys once every two years, and using data from the surveys, review current practices and structures to ensure that the compensation structure is performance related and provide recommendations to Head of Human Resources.
- Develop and manage the Organisation’s recognition frameworks and recommend best practices i.e. Employee of the year awards, functional and departmental awards, etc.
- Prepare and Manage the payroll processing procedure and ensure that salaries are paid out accurately and on time.
- Ensure that the Payroll Management System is up-to-date and has accurate/ reliable information
- Monitor that all taxable deductions are made off the employees’ salaries and are submitted to the relevant authorities in line with the Rwandan laws
- Manage and monitor the Social Security deductions and ensure payments are made to RSSB on time
Staff Health and Life Insurance Management
- Manage and monitor all employee health insurance and life assurance matters in collaboration with external service providers to ensure that employees are receiving quality and timely covers.
Employee Relations Management
- Assist the Director of HR with the review of the Organisation’s grievance and disciplinary policy in addressing all employees’ conflicts and disagreements ensuring that an objective and fair system is in place.
- Coordinate administrative arrangements for disciplinary and grievance cases to ensure that all matters are addressed in a timely manner and in accordance with the employment law of Rwanda and in accordance with REG Procedures Manual.
- Manage and monitor an internal Organisation wellbeing system (Employee Assistance Programs) which ensures that all employees receive the support and counselling services that they need in order to maintain a conducive working environment to enhance staff performance
- Identify and manage the function’s operational risks and provide mitigating strategies.
Participate in the development of the departmental annual work plan and financial budget and monitor their implementation in line with the Business plan
Educational requirements & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology, Social sciences or a full relevant professional qualification with at least 3 years of practical experience in Compensation and benefits management
- Bachelor’s Degree (A0) in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology, Social sciences or a full relevant professional qualification with at least 5 years of experience in a compensation & benefits role
Addiional required skills:
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication both written and Verbal
- People management
Proficiency in Excel, power point, Microsoft programs