Chief Internal Auditor
- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 18-January-2016
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 8
About Rwanda Energy Group
The Rwanda Energy Group Limited was incorporated to expand, maintain and operate the energy infrastructure in the Country through its two subsidiaries the Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) and the Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL). The objective of creating these subsidiaries amongst others was to ensure focused attention to enhancing efficiency in utility operations on one hand and ensure more timely and cost efficient implementation of development projects on the other. Moreover the REG holding structure provides the overall coordination and ensures effective development of energy and investment plans.
Description, duties, responsibilities
Contribute the effective governance of the Group by ensuring that existing management arrangements, systems and procedures support the Group’s Development and Service Strategy whilst optimizing resources at minimal exposure to risk.
Lead the development and implementation of a risk based audit strategy and annual plan for the group
Contribute to the development of appropriate policies, procedures and workflow processes that enhance the effectiveness of the Internal audit function in REG
Champion best practice in governance, objectively assess the adequacy of governance systems and management of existing risks, assess emerging risks and propose new mitigating interventions
Be a key support to the Audit Committee of the Board in facilitating its performance and fulfilling of its given mandate
Design, implement, test and modify controls in specific organization systems, to provide assurance of operational and technical efficiency at the corporate level;
Provide an objective and evidence based annual reviews on the adequacy and effectiveness of all aspects of REG’s governance, risk management and internal control to facilitate the drafting the annual governance report;
Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with relevant, laws, regulations policies and procedures while ensuring that the three “ E”s (efficiency, effectiveness and economy) are optimized;
Play a key liaison role with other assurance providers including but not limited to external auditors, regulators etc.
Responsible for the performance and professional development of the other internal audit staff ensuring a coherent and affective team attuned to its changing operating environment.
Requirements and Skills
- A Professional Qualification Accounting/Auditing like ACCA. ICAEW, CPA, CIA etc. Possession of a relevant Master’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related field from a recognized University will be an added advantage At least 8 years Audit/Accounting experience, 3 of which at a senior level Auditing in a reputable corporate, or public organization Other Person Specifications a) Excellent Communication Skills (Oral and Written) b) Good interpersonal skills and high level of integrity c) Capacity to self-navigate and good leadership track record d) Open minded to learn new things