Project Engineer- for Rwanda Electricity Sector Strengthening Project (RESSP) -EARP Programme
- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 28-November-2018
- Vacancies : 3
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 3
The Energy Sector in Rwanda is undergoing a process of reform and a comprehensive program of renewal and expansion of electricity infrastructure is underway to ensure growth of the network to meet current and future supply requirements with a high level of reliability. The Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) is a Subsidiary of the Rwanda Energy Group (REG) one of the Successor entities from the former EWSA. EUCL took over EWSA utility operations including the associated generation plants, transmission and distribution network and all adjoining facilities thereto.
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Monitor the design and manufacturing activities, the installation and erection on site
and construction work.
- Study the Drawings, Specification, Conditions of Contract and Bill of Quantities and understand the nature and scope of the Contract and familiarize herself/himself with all the documents for proper contract management.
- Review of design drawings and give approval, in consultation with Energy Planning Directorate, based on the detailed engineering study and the requirements enumerated by EDCL planning department in the tender document.
- Review the quality assurance plan of the contractor and approve the material source and the materials to be used in the construction by private contractors and/or EARP-EDCL’s construction team.
Required Education Background & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering or Equivalent with at least three (3) years working experience and significant experience in distribution line construction and contracts management.
Be fluent in English. Having a work