Human Resources Director
- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 12-June-2018
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 3
About Green Hills Academy
Green Hills Academy was established in 1997, with just 130 number of students. Today the school has grown to more than 1650 students with 56 different nationalities. Green Hills Academy is centrally located on a lush 26 acre campus in Nyarutarama, Kigali. Its facilities include a state of the art gymnasium, pool, music and band room, dining hall, boarding houses and soccer fields. Green Hills Academy is the only school in Rwanda offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, which helps our students get into competitive universities globally. Green Hills Academy is also the only school in Rwanda with Label France Education accreditation, helping students pursue further education and careers in Francophone countries.
Description, duties, responsibilities
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and labor relations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Recruitment and Selection
- Carry out all the administrative processes in the recruitment process, for example; prepare recruitment documents, organise recruitment time tables, draft and place adverts, log application forms, administer recruitment campaigns, sit on interview panels and administer competency tests.
- Ensure that the HR department complies with compliance checks (background check, references).
- On-boarding and Induction
- Administer the process for new employees and volunteers, for example; prepare contracts, offer letters, volunteer agreements and process all pre-employment checks.
- Conduct induction meetings with new employees and liaise with line supervisors to ensure they are aware of their responsibility in the induction process.
- Administer the probation process ensuring supervisors know when review meetings need to take place.
- Conduct training on the child protection policy to all new staff members.
- Ensure that all payroll instructions are prepared and logged in time for the monthly payroll run and submitted to the Payroll Officer, for example; contractual variations, new starters, leavers, contractual benefits and staff benefits.
- Learning and Professional Development
- Support the staff development which includes booking courses, liaising with providers, raising purchase order numbers, arranging in house training-courses and logging CPD on the database.
- Assist with the staff annual appraisal cycle, record completed appraisals and training needs.
- HR Database and Reporting
- Create systems for recoding HR data and staff files.
- Ensure the HR Database accurately reflects current staff conditions and details. This includes inputting starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, annual leave and recording of sicknesses and other leave.
- Provide appropriate reports from the HR database for the purpose of auditing and monitoring employee data and training.
- Advice and Guidance
- Provide day to day advice to Line Managers and Employees on general HR related queries, requests and GHA Policies and Procedures, escalating more complex issues to the Head of School.
- Assist in formal meetings, such as employee disciplinarians and grievances undertaking suchtasks as may be required by the Head of Human Resources
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Leaver Administration
- Ensure resignations are acknowledged in a timely manner, the Line Manager is aware of the process and any outstanding annual leave is calculated in accordance with the employee’sterms and conditions.
- Ensure exit interviews are conducted for all staff either face to face or electronically.
- Ensure clearance forms are completed and process terminal dues.
- Carry out general administration tasks for the HR Department, for example; sorting post, telephone answering, devising standard Human Resources documents and letters and manage the HR inbox.
- Respond to reference requests for current or ex-members of staff.
- Ensure electronic and paper based personnel files are maintained and filing is completed in atimely manner.
- Liaise with the School Administrators to ensure consistent HR systems and Maintain an up to date Procedures Manual for all HR Administration duties.
Requirements and Skills
University degree in Administration or Human resources management
3 years of experience leading an HR Team
Experience in compensation and benefits administration
Excellent use of technology – MS Office suite
Ability to speak and write in English, French, and Kinyarwanda
Knowledge of Rwandan Labor Law