- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 30-July-2016
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 5
About Carnegie Mellon University
Since its founding in 1900, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) has been a birthplace of innovation. Ranked #1 in Computer Science and #4 in Engineering by U.S. News & World Report, CMU is dedicated to producing creative and technically strong engineers that have meaningful impact in their communities and accelerate positive technological change in the world. In 2011, CMU extended its global footprint into Africa as the Regional Center of Excellence for ICT based in Rwanda, and the anchor tenant of Kigali Innovation City. In a region booming with opportunities, CMU is the only U.S.-based research university offering its master’s degrees with a full-time faculty, staff and operations in Africa.
Description, duties, responsibilities
Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda is seeking a highly efficient, experienced and dynamic administrative professional to provide support for our faculty and staff and support the day-to-day operations of the office. S/he will provide administrative support for designated faculty and staff, which includes tracking inventory of office supplies, collecting maintenance requests, receiving and directing guests, maintaining meeting minutes, overseeing the flow of paper work, and maintaining records. S/he will also assist faculty and staff in drafting routine correspondence, coordinating requests for travel arrangements and room reservations, processing expense reports, and scheduling meetings. S/he will provide backup support for maintaining the textbook supply, managing university vehicle usage and processing data requests from institutions
Requirements and Skills
- Candidates should possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in office management and administrative support
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, writing and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer literacy is required, including but not limited to, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, Google Drive, etc.
- Detail-oriented and results-driven, with an outstanding record of performance and professional integrity.
- Language proficiency in English is compulsory; conversational knowledge of Kinyarwanda and French is a plus.