- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 08-June-2018
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 3
About AB Bank Rwanda
AB Bank Rwanda (ABR) is a fully-fledged microfinance bank, which offers a wide range of financial products and solutions that serve both retail and corporate clients. AB Bank’s offerings include a variety of deposit products tailored to fit any client’s needs, money transfer services (international, regional, and local), SMS banking, performance guarantees, and foreign exchange, among others. Notably, foremost to these offerings are the loan facilities that meet the needs and capacities of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and other clients in the lower income strata. ABR has a network of over 5 branches in Rwanda; 4 of which are located in key areas of the capital city, Kigali, while the 5th branch is in Musanze, covering the Northern part of the country.
Description, duties, responsibilities
Monitoring credit portfolio growth
- Ensure that all steps of the loan cycle are executed according to credit procedures and SME best practices
- Ensure especially the highest standards of loan assessment, loan supervision and credit committee,
- Monitor and analyze the SME credit team’s performance
- Measure and evaluate the quality of the credit portfolio
- Oversee the monitoring of arrears and the measures needed to be taken to improve recovery and ABR’s NPL level
- Manage hand overs following the resignations, transfers, convalescence etc.
Learning and developing necessary skills for loan disbursement and customer assessment under the supervision of the Chief Credit Officer (CCO). This includes:
- Support the CCO by assuring smooth flow of operations in the credit department
- Assure synchronized and well-coordinated credit work-flow in coordination with the Branch Managers
- Supervise the recruitment process of new loan officers and Credit training
- Manage the SME loan portfolio and results
- Report to the CCO on a regular basis regarding the credit-related issues in branches
Monitoring of procedures and update for best performance and risk management.
- Monitoring the implementation of SME credit procedures
- Ensure the update, implementation, and archiving procedures.
Human Resource Management
- In collaboration with HR, follow up the quarterly and yearly performance assessment
- In close collaboration with the training center and HR, set criteria for promotions and implement career path for Credit SME staff.
- Ensure business continuity and succession planning
- Coach, mentor, and train the Group Leader(s) and all other members of the SME credit team;
- Management of SME credit staff leave in collaboration with Branch Managers, GLs and HR.
Results Expected to Achieve
- Effective implementation of bank procedures and instructions from the Management Board.
- Set and distribution of individual targets
- Growth and profitability
- SME Business Development
- Planning and Organizing: Organization of own work, control, project planning
- Team Work: Collaborates & cooperates with others, acknowledges others’ contributions
- Business development drive and knowledge with keen strategic vision.
- Client Orientation: Understands client needs and concerns and responds promptly and effectively, customizes services and products appropriately
- Diligence and reliability at work
- Quality, Quantity & Accuracy of Work: This includes meeting deadlines, keeping agreements, compliance with formalities
- Good negotiating & analytic skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills inEnglish and Kinyarwanda, paired with organizational and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of bank credit procedures and regulations
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
Requirements and Skills
At least Bachelor degree in Management/ Finance/ Banking, or any related course; Master’s degree a plus
Requires a minimum 3 years of experience managing SME unit in a bank or any licensed financial institution:
- With experience managing a minimum portfolio of RWF 1 billion
- With average NPL ≤ 7%