- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 08-June-2018
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 2
About AB Bank Rwanda
AB Bank Rwanda (ABR) is a fully-fledged microfinance bank, which offers a wide range of financial products and solutions that serve both retail and corporate clients. AB Bank’s offerings include a variety of deposit products tailored to fit any client’s needs, money transfer services (international, regional, and local), SMS banking, performance guarantees, and foreign exchange, among others. Notably, foremost to these offerings are the loan facilities that meet the needs and capacities of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and other clients in the lower income strata. ABR has a network of over 5 branches in Rwanda; 4 of which are located in key areas of the capital city, Kigali, while the 5th branch is in Musanze, covering the Northern part of the country.
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Draft and review the Bank’s legal agreements and provide advice regarding the implications for the Bank, and any actions required by the Bank.
- Establish record keeping and tracking systems and provide reports to the Head of Department on the status of legal activities.
- Ensure disputes are resolved in a manner that safeguards Company’s position and in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Brief and monitor external counsel to ensure legal representation is effective.
- Develop effective working relationships with key user departments to ensure their needs are understood and appropriate solutions developed that support business needs.
- Provide legal counsel so as to ensure legal problems and risks are identified and dealt with before they emerge as significant.
- Execute Legal Department administrative related tasks as and when they arise.
- Execute any other tasks as given by the Head of Department and/or Management Team.
Results expected to achieve
- Demonstrates best practice in relation to professional responsibilities. Ensures that own work is in compliance with departmental procedures.
- Focusses on finding effective solutions that meet the needs of ABR, whilst maintaining professional standards. Uses professional knowledge and experience to establish priorities, identify and address issues in area of responsibility.
Initiates and builds on relationships with colleagues across departments to maximize efficiencies
- Recognises the needs of others and responds accordingly, focusing on the interests of ABR. Role models professional behaviour towards colleagues and clients at all times.
- Anticipates the learning and knowledge needs of team members, and addresses those needs on a timely basis. Takes informal steps to address errors or omissions in team members’ work, and promptly raises such performance issues with senior staff. Ensures senior staff are fully briefed on team activities and team members’ performance, and that the team are kept informed of management communication
- Technical Skills in Compliance/Legislation, contract management, negotiation
- Professional knowledge in Drafting Legal documents
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential matters
- Fluency in English with excellent writing, editorial and oral advocacy skills
Requirements and Skills
- Education: Bachelor degree in law
- Experience: Minimum of three (2) years of experience in commercial law
- Professional Knowledge in Civil Litigation, Commercial Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and criminal procedure