Junior Payments Back Officer
- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 01-June-2018
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 2
About AB Bank Rwanda
AB Bank Rwanda (ABR) is a fully-fledged microfinance bank, which offers a wide range of financial products and solutions that serve both retail and corporate clients. AB Bank’s offerings include a variety of deposit products tailored to fit any client’s needs, money transfer services (international, regional, and local), SMS banking, performance guarantees, and foreign exchange, among others. Notably, foremost to these offerings are the loan facilities that meet the needs and capacities of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and other clients in the lower income strata. ABR has a network of over 5 branches in Rwanda; 4 of which are located in key areas of the capital city, Kigali, while the 5th branch is in Musanze, covering the Northern part of the country.
Description, duties, responsibilities
Transaction specific responsibilities:
• Cross checking client and bank internal, national and international payment orders in different currencies(RWF,USD,EURO) handed over from branches/finance, and ensuring they are processed accurately and timely on myMBS, RIPPS or SWIFT;
• Monitoring incoming transactions received on RIPPS/SWIFT/Chequepoint and ensuring they are processed on MyMBS, following up for additional information where necessary.
• Ensuring any payments rejections are done on time, and keeping clients informed of such rejected transactions.
• Liaising with the correspondent bank(s) to resolve transaction and funding queries in a timely manner, while keeping clients updated on progress of ongoing queries.
• Validating, approving and ensuring timely and accurate processing of reimbursement requests, and any other transaction related queries from the branches (Both cash and non-cash).
• Monitoring and reporting transactional errors, and ensuring error mitigation measures are followed through such as training, disciplinary measures etc.
• Ensuring payroll, bonus and other HR related payments are accurately processed and in a timely manner.
• Managing processing of bank guarantees
• Ensuring timely and accurate processing of cheque book requests from all branches and coordinating with NSI to ensure accurate processing and timely delivery to the bank, and onwards to the branches.
• Ensuring timely and accurate processing of inwards and outwards cheques including rejections.
• Collection / administration of information about bounced cheque, communication about cheque misuse to all staff.
• Receiving and processing requests for removal of bounced cheque sanctions from the branches, and advising the branches and clients once feedback on sanctions removal is received from the branches
• Bounced cheque reporting (Weekly to BNR and Monthly to the Credit Reference Bureau)
• RIPPS/SWIFT reconciliation and other payments reports e.g. pending transactions, standing order reports, performance reports etc.
• Monthly management retail reports
• Maintaining and updating demand guarantee reports
• Assist with CRO/Teller/Sales performance reports and any other reports requested by management
• Independently improving of payments knowledge and working experience;
• Identify money laundering risks and report to superiors any suspects arisen in respect of customer transactions;
• Ensure that AML and other procedure are followed for all payments transactions
• Transaction reconciliation between myMBS and other bank account statements (RIPPS, correspondent banks, cheque book request reconciliations)
• Create and keep excellent working atmosphere and team spirit within the Department and establish positive communication with other departments;
• Anticipating, identifying and promptly addressing tasks and issues that arise in their area of responsibility that are not specified in the job description
• Ensuring that their manager is aware of these tasks and issues
• Fulfils all other tasks assigned by Management.
Requirements and Skills
Proficiency with technology, especially computers, software applications, MS Office suite
At least 2 years experience in a transaction processing role (preferrably CRO/Teller role), with exceptional attention to details
Bachelor’s degree in any field