Credit Back Officer
- Address : Kigali, Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 31-May-2018
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 1
About AB Bank Rwanda
AB Bank Rwanda (ABR) is a fully-fledged microfinance bank, which offers a wide range of financial products and solutions that serve both retail and corporate clients. AB Bank’s offerings include a variety of deposit products tailored to fit any client’s needs, money transfer services (international, regional, and local), SMS banking, performance guarantees, and foreign exchange, among others. Notably, foremost to these offerings are the loan facilities that meet the needs and capacities of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and other clients in the lower income strata. ABR has a network of over 5 branches in Rwanda; 4 of which are located in key areas of the capital city, Kigali, while the 5th branch is in Musanze, covering the Northern part of the country.
Description, duties, responsibilities
Record Keeping and Administration
Responsible for ensuring accurate, complete and timely record keeping for the Credit Department. This includes:
- Preparation and updating of reports and databases;
- Filing of documents in the Credit Department filing system on Head Office level (if any);
- Maintaining all credit related documents /file archive at HO (if any);
- Assisting Branches and CCO in preparing and completing any administrative task that required HO coordination or approval (e.g. portfolio handover, allowances for telecommunication or other non-regular items);
- Reviewing Credit and Credit Back Office Policies, Procedures & Processes towards their adequacy and efficiency and making recommendations for updates or changes, where necessary.Responsible for
- Data Analysis and reporting:
- Assisting the CCO in performing data analysis based on myMBS reports and others;Performance appraisal, confirmation and evaluation of CBOs:
- Compiling reports based on myMBS data and others.
- Supports CCO and HR in the performance appraisal of CBOs and proposes further action (further training, coaching, disciplinary action) where needed;
- Supports CCO and HR in performance appraisal of CBO as well as in reviewing and cross checking of promotion, confirmation and evaluation proposals.
- Recruitment and Training of CBOs:
- Takes part in CBO recruitment and selection;
- Training and coaching of CBO in Back Office Credit Procedures and Processes, in classroom and on the job;
- Improving overall and process efficiency, productivity and harmonization of procedures and regulation in CBO teams:
- Carries out continues and refresher training needs assessments for CBOs and collaborates with CCO and BMs in conducting in on the job training and workshops.
- Observes and advises on efficiency of overall workflows. Enhances efficiency and effectiveness of loan formalization process, record keeping and safeguarding of credit data;Communication with third parties:
- Monitors and advises CBO team comply with their respective procedures, regulation and manuals through observation and participation as well as discussions with CBO.
- Communication with Credit Reference Bureau concerning clarification requests on credit reports;
- Communication with local leaders and authorities regarding to inform about products and processes;Others
- Others, where communicated by the Chief Credit Officer.
- Anticipating, identifying and promptly addressing tasks and issues that arise in his/her area of responsibility that are not specified in the job description;
- Ensuring that the CCO is aware of these tasks and issues;
Implementation of special projects, as directed by the CCO.
Results expected to achieve
- Compliance: Compliance with legislation and procedures, as well as good knowledge of products and procedures in the credit department.
- Self- Discipline, Compliance & Accuracy of Work: Punctuality, adhere to instructions, meets deadlines, keeps agreements, compliance with formalities.
- Quantity & Quality, Drive for Results: Is proactive; sets high standards for self.
- Planning and Organising: Organisation of own work, planning tasks in advance, control of fulfilling assigned duties in time, high efficiency and low processing time.
- Team Work: Collaborates & cooperates with others, acknowledges others’ contributions; works effectively with individuals regardless of nationality and gender, willing to seek help and delegate, encouraging and open.
- Contribution and Commitment: Actively participates in work of the team and department, actively looks for solving problems of the team and department, is able to take the perspective of another colleague in the same or different department or of Bank and seeks for improvement, commits to AB Bank’s goals.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Accurately identifies and finds solutions to problems, makes effective decisions in an environment of constant change and incomplete information.
- Communication, Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Open to new ideas, shares own knowledge and builds on knowledge of others, applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and sharing; inspires trust.
- Proven proactivity and self-initiative in position of JCBO with AB Bank.
- Excellent knowledge of Credit Policy, Credit Procedures & Regulations as well as Credit Back Office Procedures & Regulations.
- Very good computing and data entry skills.
- Basic skills and experience in working with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability and willingness to enhance computer literacy, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Analytical skills.
- Proven ability and willingness to work in a team as well as individual.
- Fluency in English.
Positive results in selection test and interview.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor degree in accounting, administration, management or related field.
At least 1 year experience as CBO with AB Bank