Deputy Front Office Supervisor
- Address : Kigali , Rwanda
- Position Type : Full Time
- Deadline : 01-June-2018
- Vacancies : 1
- Required degree : Bachelor
- Required Years of Experience : 1
About AB Bank Rwanda
AB Bank Rwanda (ABR) is a fully-fledged microfinance bank, which offers a wide range of financial products and solutions that serve both retail and corporate clients. AB Bank’s offerings include a variety of deposit products tailored to fit any client’s needs, money transfer services (international, regional, and local), SMS banking, performance guarantees, and foreign exchange, among others. Notably, foremost to these offerings are the loan facilities that meet the needs and capacities of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and other clients in the lower income strata. ABR has a network of over 5 branches in Rwanda; 4 of which are located in key areas of the capital city, Kigali, while the 5th branch is in Musanze, covering the Northern part of the country.
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Controlling Cashier Operations
- Branch Liquidity Planning and Cash Transports
- Managing cheques
- Strong Room/Small Vault Management
- Ensure that deposits, transactional accounts and fees and commission targets.
- Provides customer service and markets bank’s products to personal and corporate clients on a high service quality level
- Cross selling bank products and reduction of dormant accounts
- Ensures branch customer care transactions are conducted in an accurate and efficient manner
- Fulfils Front Office account services functions
- Authorize disbursement
- Responsible for implementation of Know-your-client and Anti-Money Laundering procedures
- Oversees, trains and manages teams of Personal bankers and tellers
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
- Monitor branch store and ensure its good maintenance
- Accountable for the regulatory/compliance requirements and internal procedures
- Account activation
- Special operations-applied costs
- Maintenance of client data on myMBS
Manual loan repayments
- Controlling Cashier Operations
- Ensure an effective and efficient discharge of cashier’s duties at all times and complete adherence to the banks Cashbox Procedures.
- Perform Clients deposit and withdrawal transactions (cash and cheque) and attend to client enquiries and complaints professionally within the cash area.
- Ensure that cash shortages and overages are promptly resolved on the day of occurrence, and inform the BM, HoBS and COO in case it could not be resolved before closing of the day.
- Conduct sudden checks on all cashiers transactions at least once a month.
- Authorize transactions greater than the approved limits of other cashiers within defined Deputy FOS limits.
- Compare cashiers daily transaction reports with Vouchers generated from MBS (call-over) on a daily basis in observance of the four-eyes-principle at the end of each day.
- Maintain an up to date record of cash shortages and overages through the use of the cash irregularities tool.
- Ensures all required tools needed by cashiers for the effective discharge of their duties are available in the cash area.
- Inform Clients about the daily withdrawal and deposits limits as may be required.
- Ensure proper and complete record keeping and filing of all cashiers transaction reports and receipts.
- Identifies weaknesses and risks in day-to-day operations and provide solutions within the limits of the role or inform the BM, HoBS and COO as appropriate.
- RESULTS EXPECTED TO ACHIEVE
- A smooth and effective discharge of Cashiers duties in line with the Cashbox Procedures and its adjoining annexes.
- Prompt and accurate treatment on Clients transactions on MyMBS.
- Smooth running of branch operations including management of BS branch staff and client traffic in the banking hall.
- Excellent Customer Service and professional handling of Customer enquiries and complaints.
- Transparent and full disclosure of the treatment of cash shortages and overages in line with the Cashbox Procedures.
- Regular checks on all cashiers.
- Complete and accurate filing of all transaction vouchers and MBS generated reports.
- Proper liquidity management and monitoring of Vault (Main & Small) and cashbox limits (upper & lower).
- Complete and correct daily transaction reports with duly signed and stamped Vouchers through daily call-over (four-eyes-principle) for tellers, field sales teams, CRO and own transactions.
- A high service quality level of customer service and markets bank’s products to personal and corporate clients
- The achievement of objectives in terms of bank products cross selling
- Maintenance of a low dormant/inactive accounts rate
- The effectiveness of Anti-Money Laundering procedure and Know Your Client
- An efficient team updated in procedures and policies
- Warrant of an excellent working atmosphere and positive communication within the department and with other departments
Provide on time accurate reports
- PROFILE & REQUIREMENTS
- Successful working record within the bank and good knowledge of all operations, products and services offered by the Bank
- Excellent knowledge of all procedures relevant to banking operations, including those applying to Tellers and clients advisors.
- Excellent acquisition skills, high understanding of service quality
- Very organized and accurate working style
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Good training skills
Good knowledge of English & Kinyarwanda
Requirements and Skills
At least 2 years experience in a transaction processing role (preferrably CRO/Teller role), with exceptional attention to details.