Position: Finance & Human Resource Administrator: East Africa
Position Type: Full TIme
Vacancies: 1 Deadline Passed
Required Degree: Bachelor
Required Years of Experience: 5
About CNBC Africa (ABN Group)
ABN offers a holistic approach to telling Africa's business story - first. With much-esteemed international brands such as CNBC Africa and Forbes Africa providing a broadcast and print platform respectively, the ABN conglomerate also offers resources to organize world-class events across the African continent, through ABN Productions. The recently-launched ABN Training Institute boasts state-of-the-art facilities to provide media training among many other courses, while ABN Digital is the company's online presence for your up-to-date business and markets news. Through its sub-brands, ABN aims to be Africa's leading aggregator and distributor of business and economic news.
Description, duties, responsibilities
- The Finance & Human Resource Administrator, oversees the management of the business in East Africa from a finance and accounting perspective, along with managing human resource compliance processes within East Africa.
- The role entails the financial record keeping, company secretarial compliance and employee management of all aspects of the business in East Africa.
- The position requires collaboration across departments and reports directly to the Head of East Africa.
- The Finance and Human Resource Administrator works in coordination with the Head of Finance of ABN Group in ensuring all financial reporting, systems and processes are in place.
- Additionally the Finance and Human Resource Administrator works closely with the Head of Legal- ABN Group, and the Head of Human Resources ABN Group, in ensuring compliance in all employee and corporate matters.
- Oversee the finance department and ensure all reporting is done in
terms of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Prepare financial statements; manage audit and report back to audit
- Preparing group and departmental budgets, monitoring actual
performances and reporting variances.
- Review and formulate accounting and financial procedures, policies
and practices for the group.
- Review all contracts to ensure the group’s risk exposure is
minimized and that all contracts are financially sound.
- Implement effective risk management strategy.
- Ensure that all companies in the group have complied with the requirements of all the relevant tax authorities.
- Oversee all financial functions of the East Africa Bureaus.
- Oversee all human resource, compliance and company secretarial functions in East Africa.
- Manage pay roll and ensure that all employees are paid in a timely manner- and ensure that adequate tax compliance such as income
tax and PAYE are managed and complied with.
- Manage all pension, retirement and medical aid components of salary for employees in East Africa.
- Ensure that all human resource functions such as disciplinary processes and performance management are conducted in accordance with policies of the Company.
- Designing and implementing internal controls across the group and performing internal audit.
- Evaluate viability of business plans for major programs regarding business expansion and operational efficiency.
- Interact with executive managers to provide support and
recommendations through financial and management information
analyses and reports.
- Coach and mentor finance staff members.
- Establish and implement short and long range finance departmental
goals, objectives, and policies and improve operating procedures.
- Provide sound financial and business advice to the executive
- Ensuring accurate and effective financial reporting to the Board of
- Actively assist and support the MD and the Board of Directors on
the development of business strategy.
- Act as Company Secretary for Board purposes.
- Pay roll administration and ensuring compliance of all allied
employment related matters.
- Carry out any other function or duty as directed by the Managing
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts,
commentaries and financial statements.
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- Producing long-term, medium-term and short-term business plans
for East Africa in conjunction with the finance and human resources
teams across bureaus.
- Undertaking research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure.
- Managing budgets.
- Developing and managing financial systems/models.
- Carrying out business modelling and risk assessments.
- Supervising staff.
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues, across bureaus
and with the head office in Sandton, South Africa.
- Actively seeking and selecting outside contractor resources, as
approved and allocated within the budget of the company.
- Maintaining and balancing all costs in line with the strategy and the
approved budget of the company.
- Participating in new business development efforts, and ensuring that
all new business efforts are aligned with the strategy, risk and
compliance portfolio of the Company.