Position: Business Development Manager- East Africa
Position Type: Full Time
Vacancies: 1 Deadline Passed
Required Degree: Bachelor
Required Years of Experience: 5
About CNBC Africa (ABN Group)
ABN offers a holistic approach to telling Africa's business story - first. With much-esteemed international brands such as CNBC Africa and Forbes Africa providing a broadcast and print platform respectively, the ABN conglomerate also offers resources to organize world-class events across the African continent, through ABN Productions. The recently-launched ABN Training Institute boasts state-of-the-art facilities to provide media training among many other courses, while ABN Digital is the company's online presence for your up-to-date business and markets news. Through its sub-brands, ABN aims to be Africa's leading aggregator and distributor of business and economic news.
Description, duties, responsibilities
- The Business Development Manager builds market position by
locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business
- The role entails the planning, development, organization and
management of all aspects of business development including sales
and marketing within the region of East Africa.
- The role is target driven, and the Business Development Manager
will be accountable for achieving his/her target, set out.
-Network with potential new clients, customers, television
distribution channels and corporate entities in East Africa.
- Meet revenue targets within operational costs.
- Manage relationships with clients and agencies.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations for potential clients
regarding the company’s activities and market trends.
- Maintain up-to-date information on company activities and market
- Make regular sales calls to potential clients and follow up on leads.
- Prepare quotations and contracts as required.
- Maintain all related documentation including quotations, pricing and
configurations. The Business Development Manager must liaise
with the finance department and advertising department to ensure
that all sales contracts are backed up on a monthly basis with
correlating invoices and post-campaign analysis.
- Provide timely, effective and efficient services to clients and ensure
that all deliverable are provided in a timely manner.
- Manage client accounts and ensure that all client services are
provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide client servicing updates to management and team on a
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure collection of
receivables. Monthly invoices to be attached to the sales contract
– commission will not be paid unless invoices have been sent.
- Assist the finance department, if and when required with regards to
collection of monies due and payable by the client.
Liaise with the marketing function to ensure that marketing efforts
are in line with the requirements of ABN’s clients.
-Submit weekly and quarterly reports on sales and marketing to line
managers. Weekly reports should itemize meetings undertaken,
proposals delivered and sales conducted for the week. It should also
contain a weekly sales pipeline which accurately reflects the value
of the proposals delivered to clients as well as the accurate reflection
of the net cost of concluded sales.
- Assist with ABN’s participation at events and conferences in East
- Manage the implementation of policies and strategies related to
business development in East Africa.
- Keep abreast of the latest events and business news in the region.
-Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related
events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual
contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential
partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal
requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving
internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying
integration of new venture with company strategies and operations;
examining risks and potentials; estimating needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing
and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.